Emergency and Exit Lighting
If you are an owner of a building, business or a person occupying a building or business you have a legal obligation to ensure the safety of any person in that building in the event of a fire or hazardous material emergency. Did you know!!
All States Safety Services team members assist owners and occupiers in managing their compliance, with the Fire and Rescue Service Act 1990 and the Building Fire Safety Regulations 2008, in particular emergency light inspection and testing and maintenance records and regular 6 monthly inspection and maintenance are required as per the Australian and New Zealand safety standard (AS/NZS 2293.2:1995)
How can we help you!
With licenced and trained technicians to maintain the compliance with building codes and current Australian Standards AS/NZS 2293.2:1995 for you, All States Safety Services provide 6 monthly and 12 monthly periodic maintenance and inspection to provide you with the peace of mind that your staff and / or customers can exit an unsafe environment safely. Many dangerous situations can be avoided by providing that “duty of care”, making sure all lights are maintained and functioning in accordance with the Australian Standards AS/NZS 2293.2:1995.
How do we do this for you!
Utilizing the AS/NZS 2293.2:1995 6 monthly procedures and inspections we carry out the following;
- Ensure no interruption to the normal power supply has taken place for a period of at least 16 hours prior to conducting a discharge test.
- Inspect lights with fluorescent lamps, for excessive end blackening, even if the lamp is still operational these must be replaced.
- Ensure the diffuser is not blocked or obstructed by anything or broken, faded or unrecognizable.
- Clean all light emitting and reflecting surfaces (12 monthly only)
- Perform Manual discharge to simulate power failure and ensure battery charger operation light is working correctly.
- Simulate a power failure by testing the light on battery power for the required 90 Minute test.
- Record any defects (see attached).
- Repair or replace any lights within the required 30 day period.
- Record all test results for 6 monthly and 12 monthly testing, informing the staff or owner and place log book back in a safe area (switchboard recommended)